- 400g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Place the beans in a large bowl and use a fork to thoroughly mash the beans. Add the tomato puree, cornflour, spring onion, garlic, chilli powder and turmeric. Season generously and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into two portions and form into balls, then flatten a little to form a burger. If you have time, chill for 20 minutes or keep refrigerated until needed. The burgers will hold their shape slightly better if chilled but will be delicious if cooked straight away.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the burgers to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with mint yoghurt and salad.