- 212g pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 75ml water
- 300g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 180oC, line a bread loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for about 50mins. Insert into the centre a skewer, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked.