- 300g eating apples or pears ( although any combination of fruit work)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50ml water
- 300g berries (blueberries or strawberries are especially good)
- Preheat the oven to 50oC and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Dice the apples and pears and out them in a saucepan with the water and lemon juice. Cover and simmer the fruit gently until very soft.
- Add the berries and simmer for a couple of minutes more until the berry juices have bled into the apples/pears.
- Puree the fruit if you haven’t peeled it, then push it through a coarse sieve. Spread the mixture evenly, not too thin.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and leave for 7-8 hours. When it’s ready, the fruit leather will be glossy and tacky – but not sticky. Your finger will leave a print on it but won’t be sticky.
- Remove from the oven and roll whilst warm. Fruit leather will keep indefinitely in an airtight container.