- 200g unsalted butter
- 250ml honey
- 150g chopped dates
- 400g porridge oats
- 100g desiccated coconut (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a 30x20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, honey and dates in a saucepan over a low heat. Melt together, crushing the dates with a fork or whizz with a hand held food blender for seconds. The mixture should be lovely and squidgy.
- Stir in the oats and coconut.
- Pack the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 25-30mins until golden brown. The flapjacks will seem soft at this point but will firm up as they cool down.
- Score into 15 portions and remove from the tin.