Try these bran muffins, full of fibre and very little refined sugar, sweetness comes from the pineapple, banana and honey.
- 100g bran flakes
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 100g sultanas/raisins
- 100g canned crushed pineapple
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp date syrup/honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Liner a 12 hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well, the mixture will be lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes until just firm. Eat warm.
Try this …
- Add chopped apricots, pitted and chopped dates and top with seed mix.
- Add frozen berries and ground cardamom.
- Add a grated carrot, dried cranberries and top with oats.
Taken from The Midlife Kitchen.