Makes 1 loaf
- 425g of pumpkin, skin off, cut into chunks
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 3 cups of quinoa flakes or grind quinoa in a blender
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chop the pumpkin into chunks and steam until tender – about 15 minutes. Leave to cool
- Once the pumpkin has cooled, pop it into a food processor and whiz until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 170oC.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Spread pumpkin and seeds sunflower seeds on a baking tray and toast for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Give the tray an occasional shake.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the quinoa flakes, raisins, chia seeds, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and stir.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, water, maple syrup and oil, stir well.
- Add the pumpkin mix to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Put the dough into the loaf tin and give it a nice round top.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave for 4 hours.
- Bake at 200oC for 1 1/4 hours until dark and golden.
- Allow to cool completely, for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, cut into slices and toast.